There isn’t one person alive who hasn’t had a pimple or huge zit appear right in the center of their face precisely before they were about to head out on a date, go to their high school reunion party or give a speech in front of hundreds of people. Acne and pimples tend to appear on oily skin when your hair follicles become clogged with oil and dead skin cells. Symptoms vary but often include pus-filled pimples, whiteheads, blackheads, scarring, redness, and more.
Most acne patients treat their problem symptomatically and externally. However, the main cause for acne at any age and in particular during teen years is the hormonal changes our bodies go through. When there is an excess activity in the androgen hormone, the sebaceous glands tend to become enlarged making more sebum. This is common during puberty and pregnancy. Too much sebum clogs the pores which leads to a local infection causing various forms of acne.
Hormonal changes can occur due to several factors :
- Puberty : During the teen years, an increased flow of hormones to both male and female bodies causes the sebaceous glands to enlarge and make more sebum. In girls, there is an increase in the levels of estrogen and progesterone while boys experience rising levels of testosterone.
- Nutrition : Consumption of estrogen-rich foods such as milk, soy beans and meat cause an imbalance to our hormonal levels and to our bodies. In order to help balance out our hormones the body creates other hormones so that we are essentially left with an imbalance of hormones caused by both our bodies and the food we consume.
- Menstrual Cycle : During the menstrual cycle, levels of estrogen and progesterone are increased.
- Hormone-Based Medication : Different pills, including contraceptives, impact the natural hormone levels of your body.
- Stress and Anxiety : When experiencing stress and anxiety the hormone cristol, also known as “the stress hormone” is released into your bloodstream.
It is impossible, then, to treat acne and pimples without addressing a patient’s physiological and emotional state. Mineral Mor’s natural kit, Aknol, addresses the problem with a three-stage program: internal, external and nutritional.
Aknol Night -
A natural cinnamon-based, ginkgo biloba and silicic acid deep cleanser, Aknol Night cleans blocked pores, removes excess fat, soothes the skin, helps cure pimples and prevents future outbreaks. Applying the mask and leaving it on your face while you sleep guarantees quick results in a matter of days.
Capacity : 30 ml
Aknol Day -
A natural day cream, enriched with a fat-free tomato extract with a precise moisture and water balance designed for acne-prone and oily skin. The cream treats inflammation, suppresses and irritates the pathogenic acne bacteria (Propionibacterium acnes), which causes wounds and scars.
Capacity : 30 ml
Second Stage : Aknol Capsules
A herbal, mineral and vitamin based formula that balances and redirects excess hormones, restores and rebuilds the skin. The formula improves the digestive and liver function.
Capacity : 60 capsules
The kit is suitable for use on all body parts: face, chin, forehead, back and buttocks and is suitable for all skin types and ages.